Vegans need to get off their high horse. So you don’t eat any animal by products. Good for you and your immune system. That does not make you a better person in any way, shape, or form.
Yes, animal cruelty is wrong. Yes, the exploitation of animals is wrong. Yes, forcing chickens to basically eat…
Ok lets make this easy for you.
- Veganism is not a diet.
- Vegans aren’t vegan for health, if you are then your just a vegetarian.
- Its people like you, your mom and your dad that are the reason why animals are still being killed, tortured and raped.
- If the world were vegan there would be no need for any of these atrocities.
- Yes being vegan means your morally a better person.
If you can’t comprehend these 5 easy points then shut up vegans and veganism because you obviously know nothing about it or the animal rights you claim to support.
Let me break it back down for you.
- Veganism is a diet. If you wrap it up with be an animal rights activist, then it becomes a lifestyle.
- Being a vegetarian means you eat no red meat, by its original dictionary definition. Except now, you have to be oh so specific. Drink milk? Lacto-vegetarian. Eat fish? Pesco-vegetarian. Which is completely ridiculous because neither are red meat, so I shouldn’t have to explain what I do and do not eat.
- Its because of people like you that those who don’t eat meat, are feared by the rest of society. Everyone is tired of the constant berating about how vegans are so much more morally adept than everyone else on this god-forsaken planet. I don’t care that your beliefs say to not eat meat any more than I don’t care that someone else’s beliefs tell them that the flying spaghetti monster will be their salvation at the end of the world. Just don’t shove it down my throat.
- If all the world went vegan, we’d be overrun by cows, pigs, sheep, and other meat producing animals because we’ve killed off all their natural predators. India has a nice thing going, letting cows roam their streets, but I don’t think herds of pigs would be acceptable in most places.
- Being vegan is great for your own morallity, but it does not make you a better person than me. Just by saying you’re a better person than I am, just because I refuse to give up cheese and eggs and milk, shows that you are a shallow fool who needs a life check on what makes a person better than anyone else. The answer to that? Nothing. Everyone is equal. Get off your high horse and stop berating the rest of society with your egotistical views of what we should and should not eat.
If you can’t comprehend these five points, you need to reevaluate what it means to be a decent human being.
Ahem. Thank you for ignoring my response to you earlier. I think I’ll go ahead and break your bullshit argument down for you once more.
- Veganism is a lifestyle, not just a diet. It largely involves your diet, yes, but veganism as a whole is a lifestyle. Anyone who is in it strictly for dietary reasons is on a plant-based diet or a strict vegetarian. Not a vegan. I am pretty sure that we (AS THE ONES WHO ARE VEGAN) have a better idea of what veganism is than someone who thinks they are a goddamn animal rights activist while blatantly supporting animal abuse. You make about as much sense as a Westboro Baptist Church member claiming to be a gay rights activist.
- A vegetarian is someone who does not eat any animal flesh. The word speaks for itself. VEGetarian. Meaning they eat fucking vegetables, not only specific types of meat. Pecetarians are not vegetarians and neither are flexitarians or whatever the fuck else someone tries to call themselves. They all still eat meat and are not vegetarians.
- You tell us not to “shove stuff down your throat” while you are shoving things that violated someone else’s BODY down your own throat. We’re supposedly shoving opinions on you. At least we are not holding you down against your will and repeatedly impregnating you over and over again to steal milk from you, yeah? You think that liking brownies is a valid reason for forcing an animal to endure excessive amounts of suffering. That is far more controlling and assertive than someone asking you to stop oppressing others who you claim to be in support of.
- Overpopulation would not happen if we stopped eating meat because animals would not be bred as livestock if no one ate meat. The only reason there are so many animals currently existing is because we purposefully breed them to such a high number. If the world went vegan it would be gradual and over time the number of animals would die out. It’s common fucking sense with the whole supply/demand theory.
- No. Not everyone is equal. We don’t treat rapists and child molesters and murderers the same as innocent civilians. Everyone is equal until they participate in acts that deem them as less moral than others. You know that dairy/eggs are cruel, you said it in another post yourself. You choose to eat it anyway because you are selfish. That makes you a shittier person than vegans. There is no getting around that, sorry.
- P.S. Vegans don’t ride horses, noob.
If you can’t comprehend the fact that the way we treat others directly corresponds with our character and our morality, then you are a fucking idiot. We are defined by our actions and the choices we make in regards to treating others around us with respect and equality. Once you violate someone’s rights and willfully inflict harm onto others, you are going to be judged accordingly.
Fun fact: If at any point in time explaining how much better of a person you are involves calling someone else a “fucking idiot”, you are in fact not in any way a better person. What you become is an asshole trying very hard to convince everyone else that they’re a good person, & in your case you happen to be failing miserably.
Frankly, I don’t care what you eat. My mom is a vegetarian, not for any moral reason but simply because sometimes she doesn’t feel like eating meat for a few months to a couple of years, then goes back to being an omnivore. My grandfather on the other hand is a vegetarian because he’s a devout Buddhist who believes no life should be ended unnaturally to allow another to thrive (unnaturally as in slaughtered, but lions hunting gazelle is fine because that’s nature). What I do care about though is, while trying to say that vegans aren’t self entitled & feel like they’re better as people for the way they choose to eat, are showing that you feel like you’re a better person for what you choose to eat. You’re nullifying your own point simply by the way you’re going about it.
A few things to point out:
- “Get off your high horse” is in fact a phrase not meant to be taken literally. It’s an idiom.
- That person went off of the actual definition of vegetarian. Argue until you’re blue in the face about “what a true vegetarian is”, that IS what defines a true vegetarian. Not you.
- Overpopulation would in fact get worse in the event that we ceased eating animals bred for slaughter unless you suggest that, upon stopping the consumption of said animals, we also prevented them from breeding until they died of natural causes. That, or regional packs of things like coyotes, wolves, etc. & other wild regional predators (mountain lions, alligators in parts of the south) would begin to grow unnaturally due to the new surplus of food which had become available to them. Animal species don’t just naturally ‘die out’, that’s not how animal instinct works. If species just ‘died out’ naturally, then no species would survive for long periods of time. Simple logic.
- While I do agree with the fact that one’s actions determine who they are as a person, you cannot put a person who eats meat on the same plane as someone who murdered a person. You may disagree with the action, but that person ate the meat for sustenance; murder (outside of extraneous circumstances) have no means to help a person sustain their life.
- If you are truly against the ending of any life for human consumption, then you should also be against eating carrots, potatoes, cabbage, beets, heads of lettuce, ears of corn, fruit from groves, & any other plant where you consume the harvested product of a living thing grown simply to produce. Is plant life not good enough to be equally protected in the goodness of your vegan heart? Or do you really think milking a cow is so vastly different from pruning a tree, letting the actual giving being continue to live while taking from it at the same time?
- danielsrose likes this
- nerdybiker reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- fridamo reblogged this from enterkylexvx and added:
- evailiya reblogged this from sonicthepup and added:
- syntax-angel likes this
- hairypitsandtits likes this
- gennasside reblogged this from wethinktherefore and added:
- copperfishscales reblogged this from sonicthepup and added:
- z3nmaster likes this
- virgo-fetish likes this
- quoilecanard reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- hideousfox reblogged this from vegan-dreams and added:
- vegankid reblogged this from quoilecanard
- nodesitvirtus likes this
- sapphicsideshow reblogged this from wethinktherefore
- sapphicsideshow likes this
- vegan-grindhag reblogged this from quoilecanard and added:
- winter-legs likes this
- supervegan likes this
- volver-a-nacer likes this
- professorxvx reblogged this from enterkylexvx and added:
- nightmaresforaweek likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- wethinktherefore reblogged this from quoilecanard and added:
- torturedoktor likes this
- howivewaited likes this
- ohhhteddyy likes this
- tabbycat-tara reblogged this from ohhhteddyy and added:
- ohhhteddyy reblogged this from tabbycat-tara and added:
- theyliveinaparadox reblogged this from tabbycat-tara and added:
- uncutting likes this
- sonicthepup reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- another-vegan-feminist reblogged this from vegan-dreams and added:
- vegan-dreams reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- aarbearrawr reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- daysareyears likes this
- harborliiights likes this
- xviivx likes this
- pinkamipie reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- quoilecanard likes this
- three-eyedraven reblogged this from enterkylexvx
- enterkylexvx reblogged this from nerdyinsomniac and added:
- rghjs likes this